Just a few days are left to the 47th IChO Opening Ceremony.
We would like to provide you with some important information.
1. For those countries that will obtain a visa on arrival we want to remind you not to forget the following documents:
One application form (the participants can fill in on board the plane or in the visa section at the airport);
Two color photos (3×4 in the white background);
A passport of a foreigner or relevant ID document of a stateless person;
The copy of letter of Migration Service of Azerbaijan;
The Invitation letter of the receiving party.
2. On the day of your arrival at “Heydar Aliyev International Airport” you will be met there by representatives of the host University and The Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Airport transfers will be provided according to the travel details that you have entered on the 47th IChO website.
3. We strongly encourage you to start communicating with the guide of your team.
4. Weather. Please check weather forecast at the website you trust. We advise you have got various clothes with you. It can be really hot and the temperature in the daytime may be 30oC-35oC or even higher. At the same time it can be around 25oC at night-time.
5. Students will stay in “The Crescent Beach Hotel” which is near the beach at the seaside. We ask the students to take the swimming suits with them to have real fun.
6. Mentors, scientific observers and guests will be taken away from Baku for the critical period of the Olympiad. We will organize luggage pick-up and its transportation in a truck separately from you. Please keep it in mind when packing your things.
7. The only currency accepted in Azerbaijan is Azerbaijani Manat (AZN). The majority of offices deal with USD and Euros. Exchanging other currencies is possible. The rates in different offices are a little different. (Official rate for 14.07.2015 is: 1 USD = 1.0492 AZN; 1 EUR = 1.1550 AZN).
8. We kindly remind you that according to the IChO Regulations the students are expected to bring their own lab coats. If they miss them, they will not be allowed to enter the lab. Goggles will be provided by Organizer (eye-correcting glasses are allowed instead). Please note that during experimental exam students will be provided with latex gloves with powder. If some students have an allergy, they need to bring their own gloves.
9. Please be sure all your delegation members should have medical insurance for the whole period of the Olympiad. At the registration we will ask you to show the insurances. Participation in the 47th IChO without insurance is impossible.
10. All the students will have to deposit all communication gadgets at Registration. We will return them straight after the second exam is over. If some of your students use any gadget during the critical period of the Olympiad competition, this will result in disqualification from the Olympiad.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Baku and we wish you nice days.
With best wishes,
IChO-2015 Organizing Committee.